Thursday, April 25, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

Hello! After a couple days of being super healthy I decided that it was cupcake time. because why not. Tonight I made rice with red peppers and avocado to maybe balance out these babies
Not to fret, they are still very vegan.

I presumably stumbled upon this recipe a while ago because I found as a screen shot in my phone so! here goes
the recipe as I have tweaked it:

2 1/2 cups of flour
2 tbsp baking soda
1 avocado
1 1/2 cups of palm sugar (brown sugar works too I guess)
1/3 cup of olive oil
4 ounces of melted dark chocolate
1 1/2 cups of almond milk (soy/whatever)

What you do here is: preheat the oven to 350. mix the flour and baking powder in one bowl and the avocado, sugar, and olive oil in another. the wet stuff bowl is the bigger bowl. After properly mixing the avocado, sugar and oil, add in the melted chocolate... Then mix in the almond milk.
Mix in the flour stuff into the bigger chocolate-y/avocado-y bowl. Note: this batter is really delicious. 
Pour the batter into cupcake holders and bake them for 15 minutes. 

If you desire frosting:

2 cups --> however much powdered sugar you want
2 handfuls of melted dark chocolate
1/2 cup of vegan butter
maybe fruit? I like blueberries. Also coconut flakes are always acceptable. Always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment